Protect yourself and your Family from the Coronavirus
We’ve learned in previous pandemics that viruses spread from continent to continent, and we’re seeing the Coronavirus do just that. Take the following tips to protect you and your family:
- Avoid going in public if at all possible.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid traveling and using public transportation if at all possible.
- Keep packaged wipes with you to clean hands or surfaces that you must touch.
- Keep hand sanitizer in your car or on your person and use it after being out in public.
- Consider buying N95 masks to keep on hand.
- Natural antivirals are unproven, but may be effective: oregano oil with standardized cavracol, garlic, cinnamon with cinnaminoids, licorice capsules with glycyrrhizin, silver, iodine, vitamin C, probiotics. Do your homework as not all herbals/ vitamins are created equal.
- Remember that approximately 70% of the immune system is in the gut. Consider eating cultured vegetables such as kimchi, and drinking cultured beverages such as kefir and take a quality probiotic.
- Lysol has demonstrated some effectiveness similar to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on hard, non-porous surfaces. Example of a product that kills SARS related Coronavirus – Hard to Find Lysol Citrus Scent Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner II – (must include the II on the end).You can shop for alternate products that state “virucidal” NOT “antibacterials.”
- Buy an emergency food supply to keep on hand in the event of a local or national quarantine.